Saturday, April 23, 2011

Campers



When servers are talking about campers, they are talking about the people who sit at the table long before the meal has been paid for.

I had a bad case last night of that. It was Friday night and we were at a 45 minute wait from all the people that were waiting to be seated. One of my tables decided to sit for about 30 minutes after I handed back their check. This becomes very frustrating. I wish people could understand how much money that is actually costing me. On Friday night I could have gotten at least one more table and made more money.

If you want to continue to drink alcoholic drinks or eat dessert that is acceptable. When guests are just sipping on sodas which have free refills, servers are losing money. Maybe these people could find coffee shop, or bar where they could sit and talk. I understand that people meet each other and they typically haven't seen each other in a while. I think servers would appreciate it if they would take up one of their tables somewhere else where it more acceptable to stay for long periods of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment